Friday, August 28, 2009

Our precious little girl is here!

Adam and I welcomed our precious little girl, Tessa Phyllis into the world on Friday August 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM. She weighed 7 pounds and 13 ounces and was 21 inches long. Her journey into the world was a very long one, but we are so happy to finally hold our little girl in our arms.
I was put on bed rest a week prior due to high blood pressure and swelling. After being checked numerous times, my doctor still didn't like how things were going. On Thursday the 20th, he recommended an induction. He felt that the risks of my high blood pressure far outweighed the risks of the induction. So at about 7 PM on the 20th, we were admitted into the hospital to be induced. We knew a long night was ahead of us. My blood pressure was closely monitored all throughout the night. Luckily, my body progressed rather well to the induction. My water was broken at about 1 AM and we started pushing at around 11 AM. I tried pushing our little one out for 3 hours, but there seemed to be little to no progression. At around 2:30 PM, the doctor came in and strongly urged us to consider a C-section. This was not something either Adam and I had wanted, but we had been laboring for roughly 20 hours at this point. We agreed to the C-section and I was in surgery by 3 PM. At 3:35 PM, our little girl was out. Despite the hard delivery, we were truly blessed with a healthy little girl.
Today our little one is already a week old. I know we have to cherish every moment because it goes by so fast. We thank God for our little one and for bringing her to us safely.

5 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

Oh, my goodness...I was there and these pictures bring back all the emotions of the day and make me cry all over again...Thank you Lord, for our beautiful Tessa and her Mommy and Daddy!!
Hugs and Blessings, one happy Grammy

Kameron Meyer said...

She is absolutely perfect! I'm so thrilled for you...and sad that we can't be there to kiss her and help you out as you adjust to life with a newborn. But one day...Jack will be playing with his little cousin! We love you guys! Thanks for the beautiful montage of pictures to let us feel like we were almost there!

Morgan Family said...

So precious and perfect in every way! Wish we were there to kiss on both of you! Love you!

Amy said...

That movie was beautiful! A wonderful welcome to the world for all to see. She is amazing, as is your love and devotion. When can I come hold her? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Adam and Reagan--I loved your little video. I cried. One of my favorite pictures was Amy with her hands clasped on her heart as she was looking at baby Tessa in the hospital. Reagan--you look great. Adam--I've never seen you radiate so much!! I'm so happy for you guys. can't wait to see her

Aunt Beth (aka. "Buffy")